Dual 1219 spring suspension

Has anyone tried replacing the four springs with sorbothane disks, maybe 1/4"x1"?  Wondering if that modern material would work better than the metal coils they had back in the 1970s.

wanganui

The older Duals are extremely well engineered, even though the engineering may look a little "crude".  Unless you have a problem, just leave it alone.

Kinda wondering what’s wrong with the springs?  I have a modded Dual 1229 with a Grace 747 tonearm and love the spring suspension.  Having hardwood floors they absorb any foot fall vibration.  When I used to use an LP12, I couldn’t walk across the room without causing stylus jump.  It’s an old technique, but a really well executed. 
At one time I had a nice heavy hardwood plinth made for the Dual (still have it somewhere), and tried using it without the springs like I do on my Garrard 301.  I didn’t like it.  It also seemed to kill the lively sound of the turntable.  I refinished the stock plinth and reinstalled the springs.  

Norman

Or coat them with 3M rubberized undercoat, P/N 03584. I wouldn't mess with the spring rates.