DTS-HD Master Audio

Hello!

Does anyone know of a Blu-Ray player that has the DTS-HD Master Audio sound capability? A lot of reviews out that saying most of these latest Blu-Ray players out there do not decode DTS-HD Master Audio.

I have a receiver that has the DTS-HD Master Audio logo in front. I am looking for a Blu-Ray player that can has the DTS-HD Master Audio sound format so I can listen to it with my receiver.

Thanks for any advice!!
mantaraydesign

Showing 1 response by djones1915

I have the Onkyo 905 receiver and the Sony BDP-S5000 (their top line unit). Most Blu Ray DVDs do NOT have the DTS-HD Master Audio (especially the older ones, and even most of the new ones--I do not know why, but suspect its a cost issue). The 905 "does it all," and very well, I might add.

I just spent 12 hours comparing a newly purchased Halcro SSP-200 preamp with my Onkyo 905 with same components, cabels, etc. The Onkyo wins--period! The Halcro does not decode DTS-HD Master Audio, but the Sony does using the analog bypass through the Halcro---Onkyo Wins!

This may start a new thread---but, how can a $12,000 preamp rated in the top 5 consistently, be bested by a $1,400 integrated? Bass / highs / staging / separation / clarity

My system consists of---B&W 800n's fronts / 802n's sides / HTM3s center / M&K 150s rears / Furman Ref 15 / 2 Lexicon 501 Monos / Sunfire 7 CH 200 WPC amp / Transparent Ultra cabeling / Velodyne DD-18 Sub