Drop in replacement for Rega RB300?

Hello,
Are there any arms that can be dropped in to replace a Rega arm without the need for a new armboard? I am running a RB300 in a SOTA table and just curious of other makers of arms that can just drop in to my armboard........thanks
chadnliz
The Schroder M2 works with the mounting hole and geometery, but would require you to drill 3 mounting holes and either tap them, or use appropriate screws depending on which arm board you have. I know, I just swapped out an OL Silver [available BTW ;~)]for an M2. Its a bit hairy; you have to properly center the arm collar in an oversized mounting hole and then mark the mounting hole locations, then drill them accurately- A drill press is highly recommended. I did it to a monkeywood armboard and it brass (them must be non-magnetic) wood screws worked; if the wood was harder (cocobolo, ebony) or if it was a metal armboard, it would have to be drilled and then tapped for a nonmagnetic bolt (stainless or brass). NOT simple drop in like the Rega derivatives.
I tried the Origin Live Silver and it was a nice arm, but to tell you the truth, my RB300 with upgraded wire and counterweight was 90% as good. I ended up selling the Silver and keeping my RB300. Plus the Silver is based on the RB250 and I just like the operation of the RB300 a bit more.

If I was to upgrade to anything now I'd probably try to find an RB700 tonearm.

If you haven't upgraded the wire in your RB300 DO IT! It makes a very noticeable difference.
I hope to get confirmation because on a couple of
suggestions it appears it is a "maybe".

The Rega derivatives will of course work. Schroeder is o.k. as well. The Robin
has been designed as Rega drop-in, but is now discontinued. For the other ones
it would be nice to hear from someone who have tried this.

I have a table where it is not so easy to change therefore I am looking forward to
more suggestions as well ...

Rene
Thanks Restock, yes it is easy I suppose to change board but to save money and effort I am trying to find options wich I dont need to do that, wich you provided and I thank you a bunch for the info.
I hope to get confirmation because on a couple of suggestions it appears it is a "maybe".
I asked a similar question on Audioasylum a while ago:

Rega arm drop-in replacement ??

A couple of arms that will work:

- Rega derivatives (Origin Live, Moth, etc.)
- Schroeder No.2 and DPS
- Bluenote U3, B5, Borghese
- Graham Robin
- Hadcock 228 and 242 (with a brass mounting collar??)
- Possibly Wilson Benesch Act 0.5
- Roksan Artemiz, Tabriz(Zi)
- VPI JMW-9

Not sure which arm will be a good match to the Sota. Also, it should be easy enough to change armboards, no?