Driving SF Extrema with one BAT VK-60 ?

One of my friend has successfully drive the Extrema with 300b push-pull tube amp. So, I'm thinking about getting a tube amp, BAT VK-60, to drive my SF Extrema even it's not using 300b. Is it a good or bad idea? Would you suggest any 300b amp that would be a good match to the Extrema?

Here is my existing equipments:
- BAT VK-D5SE CD Player
- BAT VK-5i Preamp (w/ amperex 6DJ8)
- Jeff Rowland Model 5 (150 w/ch)

I usually listen to: main-stream Jazz, smooth Jazz, classical
ted263

Showing 2 responses by ted263

Now I'm thinking about Sonic Frontiers Power3 monos. With its power rating at 220 watts/ch, I think it should be able to handle Extremas well. Should it be a good match? How well SF tube amps do compare with other Hi-end tube amps like BAT, Cary, Jadis, Joule Electra, and VAC? Thanks for looking.

Ted
Thank you all for your responses.

Twilo... The 300B amp that my friend use to drive Extrema is KTA brand. It's a Push-Pull 300b amp not a Single-Ended. Before he got the 300b amp, he used the Jeff Rowland Model 5 to drive his Extremas. He told me that Extremas sound much better with 300b than JR5. He also said no matter how much power solid state amps have, no matter how good they sound, they still sound like solid state amp, not tube. I didn't mean tubes are better than SS but my taste tend toward the tube sound. That's why I want to try tube amp.