Downsizing Speakers in Main Listening Room - Your Feedback on Some options

All,

So I am looking to move to a smaller speaker to allow better low volume listening and possibly a little change in sound quality. I like the sound of my PSB Synchrony 1s at higher volumes - not room shaking but loud enough I am asked to turn it down when other family around <smile!> They could still use bit more bass kick (not thumping  loud - just a bit more punch). So I am thinking a higher quality bookshelf for closer, lower volume listening that still has some bite.

My current system is the following:
  * Speakers: PSB Synchrony 1
  * Integrated Amp - Ayre Ax-7e
  * CD/SACD - Ayre C5xeMP CD Player
  * DAC - PS Audio DLlll
  * Sonos Connect
  * Cables - Morrow MA4 Balanced Interconnects/Morrow SP3 Bi-wire Speaker Cables

Room setup is roughly 16'x20' (one side is open to adjoining room and dining area). Theater sloped higher away from setup -- starting at 7.5' to about 16'. Standard living room with fireplace and windows - hardwood floors, but have the usual rugs and furniture. Speakers are about 8' apart (slight toe in) and about 10' from main sitting position. Done usual minor acoustic tweaks to try to improve sound - within reason as this is the main living room.

Listen to all music genres but country(sorry) -- but most often jazz, rock, world.

Recent speakers I have enjoyed -- Aerial Acoustic 7t and Sonus Faber Olympica I and III. Enjoy the sound of both even though they are different (and different from my PSBs, which again I like as well).

So I am considering the following bookshelf speakers and just a few smaller floor standers (most looking at buying used), budget is max at about $2,500(used):

BOOKSHELF:
  * Sonus Faber Olympic I, Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M, Sonus Faber Liuto, Sonus Faber Venere 2.0
  * Dali Epicon, Dali Euphonia
  * Monitor Audio PL100, Monitor Audio Gold 100 (or GSX 100)
  * Focal 1008 BE
  * Aerial Acoustic 5t
  * ATC SCM 11 v2

FLOOR STANDERS:
 * Monitor Audio Gold 200
 * Aerial Acoustic 6t
 * Sonus Faber Liuto 

So while I am expecting to listen to several of these in coming months - probably cannot access all of them -- likely will hear Monitor Audio, Aerial Acoustic, and again Sonus Faber.

So please give me your best feedback on the list above and feel free to comment in any capacity. Thank you for your valuable opinions!

sbleam
Post removed 
Monitor audio GX50 were great in a small room, sloping ceilings. Very clear and with decent amp went down fairly well. 
I heard Aerial 5t and was very impressed--they outshone, to my mind, the Kef reference one and the totem element fire. Very quick and lively, great presence. 
I personally find Focal over priced. I've compared them to much cheaper speakers and preferred them.
Check out the new MA platinum II. I traded up to the 100's--very good bass, great all around sound. Just fabulous. got mine $3k used--lucky deal....
The best way that I've found to improve the sound of a system at low volumes is to add room treatments. If you can improve the articulation of the room, everything will sound better at lower levels.