Downsizing-Need Integrated Amp Advice

HI. I am downsizing my speakers (buying Green Mountain Europas) and would also like to downsize my amp/preamp to an integrated setup. I am moving soon and space will be an issue-my amp is pretty big, and I doubt I will need 200 watts to run the Europas. I am currently running a C-J PV10A and MF-2200, and would like an integrated that performs as well or better on all types of music. Tube pre is not required, nor is phono board, but I do like the slightly airy sound of a tube pre-I don't want something too harsh or heavy in the low-end. I have about $1000 to spend, and would like to pick up a used model if possible. On my initial list are the Arcam FMJ-22 or Alpha 10, Musical Fidelity A3.2 or A300, A306, Classe CP-101, Creek 5350SE.

Any opinions on these? Will they give me the same quality sound I am getting right now? I have heard that the answer is "yes" but it seem hard to believe, given that most of these units are probably 30lbs total, while a good amp alone weighs twice that.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
chiho

Showing 1 response by bemopti123

47 Labs Shigaraki or 47 Labs Gaincard, weighting in at 20 and 25 watts, most likely a very good match for the Europas. Someone in the Sakura Systems website has this set up, with a Wadia Digital front end directly into the Gaincard, looks as if it will sound awesome. Certainly looks so as the owner describes it.