Downsized and still happy, can it happen?

I would like to hear from those who have moved from separates to an integrated amp in their system and your experience in doing so. Any buyers remorse in selling the separates? Are you still running the integrated or now considering separates again? Do you still get the same level of satisfaction from the system? Which pre/power amp did you have and what integrated replaced them?

Lately I find myself constantly considering and researching high quality integrated amps and admiring them for the all in one solution. I have all these components, powercords, conditioners and interconnects that I could unload and then replace with fewer higher quality versions. That is pretty much what is driving me into this little sidebar consideration.
dlwask

Showing 1 response by sd2005gt

Of cause this can happen very easily. I have a friend that had high $ system but used cheapo interconnects and powercords. He sold the system and bought the combo unit and invested some of the money in good interconnects and powercords. He is now very happy. This is all about system synergy. A $50k system will sound like $5k system for lack of good quality interconnects or powercords.