downsize from ARC CD3 MKII to $1500 CDP happily?

this poor economy is forcing me to make cuts everywhere & unfortunately my system is next. I would like to sell my pristine ARC CD3 MKII and downsize somewhat to something that won't be too much of a downgrade sound-wise. Budget is $1500 used for a replacement one-box player. Maybe there is something I could find I might like even better? I've owned a Rega Planet & a couple of Cary (306/200 & 303/100) players in the past which seem to synergize well with the Cary amp. I have a couple players in mind but don't want to sway anyone....so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
128x128pehare

Showing 1 response by foster_9

If I were you I would seriously consider the tubed Raysonic cd 128. A new one may cost you a little bit more than $1500 but with a discount you can come close. In my system, The Raysonic is detailed and open, with solid firm bass and smooth extended highs. You can likely get a nice discount now. I highly recommend it as a player that punches in a higher weight class than is indicated by it's price. It has build quality, good but esoteric looks (if you like them), and excellent sonics. In other words, it competes with players that cost more than its price.

Check this link:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1209956156

Sorry this poor economy is stripping you of quality gear.