Down sizing

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help. My wife and children have recently relocated me and my audio system to a small room in the house (approximately 9’x11’). It is nice to have an office/audio room to myself, but the room is much too small for my current setup (Speakers: Dynaudio 1.3 MK II; Amp: BAT VK-200; Pre amp: Rouge 99; CDP: Cary 303).

Given my situation, I wanted to scale down my system without losing any of the sound quality of my current system. Since my room is so small, I can move into lower powered amps (tubes?) or even a quality integrated amp. At minimum, I need to change speakers. If I place the dynaudios where they sound best (far out into the room), I sit on the other side of them.

I would appreciate any guidance you can give.

By the way I listen to some rock, pop, but mostly jazz.

Thanks
xmore

Showing 1 response by rslifka007

Dear Xmore, Just move your equipment including the wonderful Dynaudio 1.3 MK II speakers into your new room. I'm confident that you will be very satisfied with the sound even with less-than-optmum speaker placement. If you could place the rest of your equipment in an adjacent room and have the speaker wires going to your 1.3's this could make your listening situation even better. cordially, Richard...audiophile since 1953....