Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic

I think this topic deserves its own thread , where use double ic through y adapters , from source to preamp, Can’t connect it from Preamp to Amp...For me the result is huge, I can’t go back to single ic....
128x128jayctoy
tuffy72561, no, at this point I have not yet used the double double versions of TEO Audio cables. There has been some discussion between myself and Taras about sometime soon trying them. 

I would expect that the performance of the conjoined cables would be superior to that of the same cables with splitters. While splitters degrade the sound significantly, the Schroeder Method is so beneficial that this overwhelms the use of the splitters. But, take the same cables without the splitters; I'm sure that would be a nice advancement. I know that TEO continues to explore this and wants to do so with several models in their line. Taras may wish to comment. 
Thanks Doug,

My feelings mirror yours. I am close to trying one of the Teo double double's. I might just go for it and get the Ultra Plus double double soon. I have a health issue I need to look into further before I make my decision.

Scott
Thank you Douglas for the kind words. I should receive some Monster splitters next Tuesday. After listening to those splitters if my RCA connectors have the space for two sets of wire I'll solder up a set of double ic's.
@tuffy72561
We have done several direct comparisons between a Double Double and a corresponding system using splitters and in each case the Double Double configuration simply smoked/obliterated/crushed the splitter option in every way possible ( like it weren’t even remotely close eh ).

But the one big advantage that the splitter system does have is its ability to potentially put a pretty final end to any discussion about whether cables somehow affect the sound of a system. Any "cable hater"/flat earther who could sit through a demo that begins with a single cable test and then goes to a splitter system using the same cable type and not hear a very significant improvement should at that point be encouraged to take up another hobby because they have just pronounced themselves functionally deaf ( sorry but there is really no more polite way to say this ).

And btw, given what Doug has found applying the doubling protocol to balanced cables, this also puts the idea that balanced cables as absolutely ideal and heaven’s gift to signal transfer into a kinda weird perspective. Read, you can’t have the perfect cable, as proponents of balanced claim, and then have that prefect cable produce dramatically better sonic results when doubled. Logically, being significantly better than perfect, puts the original claim of perfection into a very interesting light ( like maybe, uhhh, it weren’t so perfect to start with eh...).

And furthermore, every increase in the quality of the parent cable assembly produces a corresponding increase in sound quality of the Double Double version. So while doubling of conductors changes things significantly, parent cable quality is still the main predictor of end result sound quality.

Taras, good comments; you are dead on target with your observations. Yes, there are times when even with single cable comparisons or power cord comparisons I have thought the same; a person who cannot hear the difference must have hearing deficiency. The only person to hear cable changes in my room and conclude not much had changed did in fact have hearing loss due to being a musician in a rock band. Others, including several hard boiled skeptics, admitted that they did hear the differences. What's interesting is that over time they have publicly defaulted back to their public persona of minimizing cables. Is that two-faced? Yes, of course, but I understand how they have a lot invested in their businesses and want to run things status quo versus upset the apple cart. If they built the business on "measurements", then it's a tough customer sell to upset that.

I have tried to be conservative in describing the effects of the Schroeder Method, so as to not be discounted as not reputable. Persons that know me and my writing are aware that I have a high threshold for what is considered efficacious in system building. The Schroeder Method easily clears that threshold. It is gratifying to see that a growing number of other audiophiles with various systems and cables are finding the same result. That adds to the tentative conclusion that the benefit is universal (When applied properly and to the proper systems).

For decades audiophiles have thought that they had terrific IC connections. Not even close, it seems. It's astounding how much loss was happening between components. It appears no one had a clue how much.

Yes, the innate characteristics of the cables used would dictate the result. It's a simple, powerful formula for vast improvement of an audio system. Even the most extreme systems will benefit.