Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic

I think this topic deserves its own thread , where use double ic through y adapters , from source to preamp, Can’t connect it from Preamp to Amp...For me the result is huge, I can’t go back to single ic....
128x128jayctoy

Showing 6 responses by tuffy72561

@ozzy 

Not with my double run of Teo Ultra's. If anything the output may be a tad higher. 
@Douglas Schroeder

Hi Doug,
I met you and Taras at Axpona back in April. I was wondering by chanceif you had heard or tried any of the Teo Audio double double RCA IC's. I have two Teo Ultra's connected with Audioquest Y splitters via your method and the sound is wonderful but I heard the Teo double double runs were a big improvement on the AQ Y splitter version.
Thanks Doug,

My feelings mirror yours. I am close to trying one of the Teo double double's. I might just go for it and get the Ultra Plus double double soon. I have a health issue I need to look into further before I make my decision.

Scott
@Jayco

My two Teo Ultra's run with the Schroeder Method using Audioquest RCA splitters ($12.95 ea × 4) yielded noticeably better sound than my single RCA Teo Ultra. I loved the Ultra big step up over previous Game Changer. Trying to Remember exactly, but I would say difference in step up similar from 2 Ultra's using Schroeder Method on par with performance gained moving from Game Changer to Ultra RCA IC. 
@shkong78
I had the original Game Changer RCA and liked it very much as it bested my twice as expensive Darwin the Truth XLR  that it replaced. I then tried the Teo Ultra which I found to be superior to GC in every way. I heard about the Schroeder Method at last year's Axpona and decided to try it with two Ultra's and it really worked and loved the sound....another definite upgrade. I then talked to Taras at Teo, after I saw they were producing basically a double double line of cables. Taras said that their connecting of the two cables with a connector of their choice vs the Y connector was another big jump in sound quality. The double double Ultra has gobs of detail. I believe that if I had a good recording of a pin drop that I could hear it on my system You might ask Taras about the double double Ultra as I heard it may best a single Kronon. I hope this information helps in your quest. I also wanted to mention that my system consists of a heavily modded EVS Oppo 205 and a heavily modded 30 watt class A hybrid integrated amp which only requires ONE interconnect. This allows every step up in IC to be absolutely heard and more easily discerned. 

I've triedthe Schroeder method with a couple of already excellent interconnects. How about two Teo GC Ultra's. The result is really really good. Better yet the Teo Double Double Ultra is even a few notches better for a similar price. I will not touch my interconnects ts u less a Double Double Kronon comes out.