Doors Live at Hollywood Bowl - 2012 Rhino 180g 2LP

Just received this 2LP reissue from Amazon. I wondered if anyone else purchased it and what your initial thoughts are regarding recording quality and music content. My version is manufactured by Rhino but I hear Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs also manufactures it. In my opinion, the recording quality is really good. However, the gatefold album sleeve arrived with the glue unstuck on both sides. Not a big problem - just use a glue stick. But, when you pay upwards of $40, you expect better quality control. As to content, I was expecting great things since I genuinely enjoy The Doors. Aside from the fact that Jim Morrison dropped acid at the outset of the gig, I thought the performance went reasonably well. It got a little weird in a couple of spots but the rest of the band filled the gaps nicely and kept things moving along. In the end, I expected great things from this performance; instead, I received something slightly above average. Maybe it's a circumstance of having to play the LPs several times over to really appreciate the message presented. What are your thoughts on the topic? Let me know.
wescoman

Showing 2 responses by garebear