Don't buy from HigherFI.com

The owner of Higherfi is Chris Moon, previously of moon audio. I bought a MagLev table from him that was supposedly able to buffer vibrations into turntables and other audio equipment weighing under 80Lbs. I paid $540.00 for item to be delivered, and wow ! was I shocked at how shoddy this thing was! The pistons would get stuck at an angle preventing them from "levitating". After contacting Mr. Moon, he explained that his ebay add clearly stated "no Returns or Refunds". My bad I missed that. He then generously offered me an RMA number with 20% restocking fee if I paid shipping. I shipped it back and he refused signature. Item was returned to me again. Be real careful buying junk from this shady Chris Moon character. I learned my lesson. Hope this helps somebody else.
rbtmumm
I think Ebay has protections for you. I tried to negotiate with a seller who said everything was 'as is', but they (Ebay) said they have a money back guarantee policy regardless of what the seller says.
I would contact Ebay directly with all the emails, which I hope you have kept.

Funny, I was looking at that listing for a while and was wondering if the Mag-Lev would work. And, why it was so heavily discounted.
B
Thanks for the feedback.  I'll try contacting ebay again and contacting credit card company linked to my paypal.
 I was surprised when ebay closed the dispute, but I really thought Chris Moon's RMA offer was valid.  I shipped it back next day after RMA issued (signature required) and for unknown reason he refused shipment.  All I can think is he was hoping I didn't require signature so that he could take my money and get item back so he could dupe the next sucker.  The box originally arrived banged up and items were poorly packed as if opened and shipped several times before.
Magnetic levitation of my turntable was actually a clever concept and I really wanted it to work on either my VPI MK4 or Proj-ect perspex tables.  Absolute piece of junk unfortunately.
Thanks again
Roy M
I have had items that I had purchased through paypal, that were not delivered as advertised and paypal instructed me to ship it back to the seller and gave me a refund within an a very short time. They have a special dialogue box for complaints/returned merchandise. Complete the form and E-mail  to them; wait for there response / instructions. Personally I would do this prior to contacting your CC Company. If Paypal does not satisfy, then I would  process thru CC Company (of course that's only my opinion, what ever action you take is your business). NOTE: I have in the past requested a  refund thru my CC Company was also successful in obtaining a refund. I think PP e-mailed me and asked me to contact them first though.
Post removed