Don't buy Allnic H1201 phono stage new.

New model H1202 is coming, it has tube power supply and should be significantly better. And only a little more expensive.
Used H1201 should now be much less expensive than usually asked.
inna

Showing 2 responses by tablejockey

Someone needs to buy one, and report back!
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrWie_tJQdcUiwAdifBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTByc3RzMXFjBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM0BH...

A couple years ago, I demoed a 1201. Nice piece. Didn't keep it, because I already have a tube rectified phono, and the comparison wasn't jaw dropping.
It was however, a wee bit quieter at higher volume.
"On another note I couldn’t resist an older Fosgate Signature Phono Stage Preamp for a pretty decent price here on Agon a couple weeks ago. I have only been listening to the Fosgate for about a week/20-30 LPs."

justinm- I read your post AFTER posting my experience. My Foz v2(orange LED's,not the blue v1) is 7 years old. I have tried a a few other popular tubed phono units head to head with the Foz. They all sound good, but not enough to dump the Foz. Decent NOS in V3 and clean power(power cord & PS Audio PP)
seem to turbo charge this already good phono amp. I see the V1 version on listings more than the V2 for pretty cheap.