Dogs and wobbly speakers

Hey folks.

Been having a few scares recently with the dogs and the speakers

Due to the layout of the house, right now, everything is pretty much where it has to be. Not much option on moving everything to another wall.

the LEFT speaker is near the entrance, and sometimes when i get home the dogs get too excited and bump the speaker, twice i have caught it on its way down.

the RIGHT speaker is near the stairs to the basement, a couple weeks ago the roomates girl was coming up the stairs and the dogs got excited and bumped the speaker, she caught it as it was fixin to fall down the stairs. God bless her.
Needless to say my speakers keep getting bumped and moved a centimeter here and there and i have to keep re-positioning them.

So fair i have been lucky, as the speakers have never actually hit the floor, somone has always caught em.

Obviously, something needs to happen, cause this aint cuttin it. I love my dogs and i love my speakers, so i have to find a way for them to exist in zen.

Currently the Jm Labs are bolted onto the stands, they will NOT come off, which is good or they woulda been all dinged up and dented by now.

Im toying with the idea of bolting the speakers to the floor. If you look at my virtual system you can see a pic of what i got going on here.

Currently, the speaker stands are spiked and sitting on top of granit slabs that have felt feet on the bottom to prevent them from scratching the floor.

Now, im really not too worried about damage to the floor from bolting them down, not like i am with potential scratches caused by spiked feet. I can repair 3-4 small holes in the ground a lot easier than a crapload of scratches caused by spiked feet.

Sonically, what should i expect from such an action? I wouldnt have to keep re-positioning them which would be nice, but if doing this will suck the life out of them i would rather try something else.

Any experience with having speakers bolted to the floor? Suggestions? Tips? Humerous storys? Monkey jokes?
slappy

Showing 2 responses by ellery911

you just need to get a dog like this ;o)

http://joecartoon.atomfilms.com/pages/lump/

yeah i know...i'm sick

p.s. if it takes you to the home page...just click on site map and then look for "lump the no legged dog"

and remember...this is just a JOKE
I gotta say audiobugged...that WAS one strange sight...did you get that off cruel.com?

where's Slappy?

probably still in bed with some hot chick!