Does this speaker exist?

Looking for ideas. Here's the wishlist:

- Small footprint, either standmount or small floorstander (<40”)
- For listening at normal distances (not nearfield, or not only nearfield)
- Comes alive at low volume (let's say that at least it doesn’t need to be cranked to come alive)
- Musically versatile
- State of the art tonality, truth of timber
- Superb treble
- Gobs of refinement (think 1080p or 4K vs. 420, or very high thread count egyptian cotton vs. Ramada Inn)
- Not important: large soundstage, disappearing act, bottom octave, fill the room
- I actually prefer a small soundstage -- a small but open widow to the performance
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
Drubin - you just described the Thiel sound! Will not fit your under 40" height though.
For Rrog above, I had the SCIII many years ago at home, and used to sell Dunlavy back in the day - the 'III is missing the bass foundation that the 'IV has in spades...actually, except for being too tall, the 'III meets the OP's criteria right down the line.

But I doubt you'd find them satisfying, having grown accustomed to the more full-range sound of the 'IV.
Hi Drubin,

I'm with Vapor Audio, and I believe we have exactly what you're looking for.

There is no finer transducer for treble than the RAAL tweeter. We feature the RAAL in most of our speakers. Nothing offers a more transparent window into the music than the RAAL ribbons. Their moving mass is actually less than the mass of the air they engage to create the sound.

If you're looking for a small footprint, have a look at our Breeze, Stiff Breeze, or Sundog models.

For a review of the Stiff Breeze, please have a look at HomeTheaterReview.com and Terry London's impressions. You'll get the state of the art tonality, transparency, and versatility. We'll throw in the disappearing act and sound stage, no extra charge. ;)

http://hometheaterreview.com/vapor-audio-stiff-breeze-speakers/
The Dunlavys I have are the SC-III.A, which is like the Cantata. Decent bass foundation.
Post removed