Does the Krell KAV-400Xi overheat?

I ran accross this ariticle about the 400Xi:

http://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/205krell/index4.html

The reviewer states the Krell might well overheat if used for a party. This worries me a bit. I don't play my music really loud, but I'm going to be running a pair of Usher CP-6381's which are only rated at an 87dB efficiency.

I had just about mad up my mind to buy this unit when I ran across this article.

Any 400Xi owners out there?
jack_dotson
No heating problems with mine, I've had it for a couple years now. It does run class A in the lower output range, so yeah, it'll run pretty warm. I've run mine loud for a couple of hours w/o any issues. I've never pushed it hard for many hours, though.

I did have an issue with my power button. It wasn't working very well intially, the remote worked fine. I got lazy and never brought it back. After a few months, no problems, the intermittant button problem has disappeared.
Hi guys, I need some help from 400 XI owners. Does any one run your 400Xi at 70/80 db for about few hours ( 86 db/ 6 ohm speakers). I understand the 400 Xi can go down 2 ohm without issue. Please give me some feedback. Thanks in advance.
Hi just out interest, if use's havent tryed an isolation feet as yet,I put some under they are herbies, I end up putting the under the feet(herbiesaudiolab)for the price Iam happy, has any body tryed any islostion products under there krell.
I have a KAV-400xi since 2004 with no problems. Make sure the unit has adequate ventilation. I use an extra set of rubber feet to give it 1.25" bottom clearance, Krell recommends at least 2" bottom clearance for proper ventilation. This unit, like most high-powered Amplifiers, should not be installed in tight places>cabinets/racks, it would be best to set-up on an open shelf or Amplifier stand.
I bought the unit new and I left my unit on several days at 35 to 40 db( reading level from the unit) and it was fine. But I had a new replacement from Krell after I played the unit for couples hour at 78 to 80 db level. I did not feel the heat from the unit but after series of small BUZZ the unit loosing loudness and details. Could be a defective unit. Now I am listenning at 40 to 55 db to be safe. Hope this will not stop you from buying the unit. I love to listen and to look at mine black 400Xi.
Mate
I own one and its fine I leave it on twenty four hours a day, had for well over a year never had any problems, nice little amp, yeh it run hot when driven at modest levels and thats when it is at it best.
Best Of luck
It shouldnt provided it has ventillation on top.
I ran my kav 300i for 8 hours straight at modest levels and it does get pretty warm but not too hot to be touched.