Does the Krell KAV-400Xi overheat?

I ran accross this ariticle about the 400Xi:

http://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/205krell/index4.html

The reviewer states the Krell might well overheat if used for a party. This worries me a bit. I don't play my music really loud, but I'm going to be running a pair of Usher CP-6381's which are only rated at an 87dB efficiency.

I had just about mad up my mind to buy this unit when I ran across this article.

Any 400Xi owners out there?
jack_dotson

Showing 2 responses by andrewdoan

I bought the unit new and I left my unit on several days at 35 to 40 db( reading level from the unit) and it was fine. But I had a new replacement from Krell after I played the unit for couples hour at 78 to 80 db level. I did not feel the heat from the unit but after series of small BUZZ the unit loosing loudness and details. Could be a defective unit. Now I am listenning at 40 to 55 db to be safe. Hope this will not stop you from buying the unit. I love to listen and to look at mine black 400Xi.
Hi guys, I need some help from 400 XI owners. Does any one run your 400Xi at 70/80 db for about few hours ( 86 db/ 6 ohm speakers). I understand the 400 Xi can go down 2 ohm without issue. Please give me some feedback. Thanks in advance.