does temperature affect speaker performance?

My system always seems more dynamic on a warm day. Is it the case that drivers have an optimum working temperature and are more flexible within certain perameters?
monya
Let me first state that I have little to no scientific experience. But hold on now. Sound travels at 343 meters/ second at 20 degrees C, or 68 degrees F. I would guess that an average listening distance between speakers and listeners ears is close to 3 meters. At that distance the sound from the speaker would reach your ears in less than 1/100 of a second. It seems to this science layman that a few degrees of ambient temperature variance would not render any speed of sound difference detectable by the human ear.There may be other variables involved that Audiogon's mandarins of science can enlighten us about but I tend to agree with the post of pbb, "Maybe your ears are affected by the weather."
Weather affects the power grid, so indirectly affects the speakers. High pressure systems are generally good for the sound, nice sunny ☀️ days, whereas low pressure systems, rainy, stormy days, are generally bad for the sound. Low humidity is generally bad for the sound, what with the static electric charge on everything. I suspect high solar activity is not good for the sound. If that concerns you the daily solar activity is tracked by National Weather Service. Since the acoustic waves all travel at the same speed at a given temperature, the sound should not be affected by changing the overall temperature in the room. However sound can be affected by making a change to temperature in part of the room. A cool trick is placing bowls of ice water on the floor out in front of the speakers. See what that does to the sound. 🤗
Driver surrounds, spiders are affected by temperature changes.   If cone speakers OP is talking about, it's likely the driver suspension parts.

Hi Monya

The drier the air and higher the temperature the more dynamic range you will have along with musical body and lower acoustical/mechanical distortion. If you can set your room's humidity around 30-35% your doing good. Even lower humidity is better for sound but you'll need to keep an eye on wood products if it's too dry.

You'll notice when a rain storm comes through the sound gets sluggish and not as dynamic. This is when you don't want to push your amps to compensate.

Michael Green