Does sound travel better at night?

My speakers sound better at night ;-) Is there any science behind this?
winchell
Rephrasing G m c I'd say electro-magnetic waves travel better at night.
Since we're dealing more with sound waves that have more mechanical nature the sound quality solely depends on the wall's power outlets.
Yes, it does! Most definitely! I can hear more car alarms, dogs barking, door slamming, screaming, crying, moaning, howling, singing, etc. at night than I do during the day! What gives?

Sorry, as far as sound systems go, refer to the answers above! I would agree with them in the electricity issues.
Mine also sounds better in the evening. I believe that the electricity supply is cleaner also, however I also believe that the seismic activity is less due too less travels on the road and the general noise floor in the local area (other people asleep). Maybe our bodies have a lower noise floor when we are relaxed more??
Even though consciously, you don't really notice it, at night the ambient background noise everywhere is lower. Therefore you will hear more at night, I think. If you've ever been outside at night when there is a widespread power outage, the silence is deafening. Often we do not realize just how much background noise is around us during the day, but at night, it is much lower. Just my 2 cents.

Happy night listening.
In most cases the improvement comes from the combination of,
"less noisy" & more abundant power supply,
reduced ambient noise,
and our own relaxation.