Does silver speaker wire sound bright?

I purchased a kit of 99.999% pure silver speaker wire with PTFE insulation and assembled it. I installed it on my system and it seems to scream at me. My system is all tube (Melos)and my speakers are the North Creek Rhythm. I use the preamp also as a headphone amp and use Grado SR325's. The headphones are not bright they lean tward a little dark sounding. I feel the brightness is in the cables and wounder if they will mellow with age, and how long will it take?
mi3491

Showing 3 responses by mi3491

I am willing to wait for the sound to get better. Just to clairify, these cables are 99.999% pure silver, not copper, 15 AWG with no lug termination. I agree with Carl that the cable should be a larger AWG. I was not aware of the cable he mentioned and could not afford anything more. Maybe I could mate the cable with a reasonable cost copper one, and biwire using the silver for the tweeter and copper for the mid-bass. Any thoughts?
Thank you all for the info. The speaker wire was a kit and I heard that silver was the best, so for the price I went for it. It is 15 awg cable consisting of a 22 awg, 20 awg and a 18 awg 5N silver wire. For the 6 foot pair, the cost was $229.00 and 2.5 hours of labor. I listened last night for about an hour and it did not seem quite as bad as before. Only time will tell.
I am using a silver balanced digital interconect. My other interconects are Distech Platinum and Cardas Hexlink 5. My Speaker cables are three separate pairs of pure silver wire equaling 15 AWG individually wrapped in PTFE. My amp and preamp are tube and the DAC is a PS Audio Ultrlink II. I am pretty sure it is not the electronics. The system is sounding smoother each day, but the bass is not a strong as I had hoped.