Does raising speaker cables off the floor really make a big difference?

My cables are laying on the floor (in a mess), would raising them off the floor really make much of a difference? The problem is they are quite wide and too long  http://mgaudiodesign.com/planus3.htm so any suggested props are appreciated!  Cheers
spoutmouzert
I was thinking about trying SR UEF Cable Risers next. I found the SR Blackbox sucked the life out of recordings by cutting off frequencies above 8Khz. The UEF Cable Riser demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVIKxulyLNY may indicate a similar negative loss of highs/openess effect using a type of ECT on each riser, or they may just focus the sound better without losing the highs and openess.  I will have to try it in my listening room to see if it's a keeper or a loser.
  The audio mag writers who witnessed the demo with the Synergistic cable risers said they made a big difference sound wise with them in the system.
   Can you report back if you try them. I would be interested in your comments.
I spent an hour on a simple study. Googled RMAF and a few others to look at pictures of the rooms with equipment I will never be able to afford. Many had visible risers to get the cables off the hotel floor or had taken steps to eliminate ground contact.  I have learned that the most important thing besides actually practicing critical listening, is keeping an open mind. The third best thing is to ignore those who post multiple times in one thread to prove they are correct.  A ten dollar investment in what will surely not "hurt" anything is a fine idea.  Not taking yourself too seriously and being able to laugh is also a fine idea.  
Of course the Synergistic cable risers will work. Duh. Because 1: Synergistic and 2: ECT/HFT. Could probably just stick some ECT right on the cables. Why not? ECT works on everything else. After trying them on all kinds of things from my tone arm and motor to my laptop the surprise would be if they don't. According to SR website they tuned this particular HFT to this particular use. Which would be no surprise except for they call this red one HFT which is odd if you know ECT are all red and look exactly like this, while HFT are all gray or silver or black and none so far are red. PHT are black, blue, green and purple. Aside from color and size these are all the same thing, only they definitely are tuned, I can see this clearly under x-ray. Yeah, I have x-rayed them. That's the way I roll. Deal with it!