Does hearing the best in high end audio make your opinions more valid?

I say yes. Some say no. What are your thoughts?
calvinj
Even worse intentioned than not sharing there is such a thing as intentionally obfuscating and talking nonsense.   Most will not go there but for some that is their modus operandi.   Sad but true.   It's just part of dealing with most things in life. High end audio is no exception. 

Well there are a few people on this thread they know who they are. All they do is attack the high end. They don’t share what they have.  They don’t talk about what they have actually heard. They are just negative trolls.  Useless!  
They do this on multiple threads take a look for yourself. Honestly it’s America and it’s a right to respond but if you not going to share then just talk to yourself. People come to the threads to share experiences etc. why don’t y’all get a troll thread and just meet there. It’s the same 4 or 5 people. 
Not a big deal to share what you have but will run the mouth about how anyone who buys high end is a fool. Just get off the thread. Go that away!
I like the topic. In my case would fall into the yea probably group. And you bet I would love to hear more high quality systems. Would lead me toward possible improvements. 
Our talent at discerning what might improve our systems reducing trial and error, and lord knows the expense is pretty critical unless you have pretty unlimited budgets. I was around as stereo reproduction left the runway, say '67-'72. My circle of friends included numerous sound engineers with Capricorn who had some pretty outstanding systems. Tubes and horns-still a valid high end product. So yes it certainly helped. Have to have a reference to set the bar otherwise you are somewhat ignorant as to the possibilities.