Does hearing the best in high end audio make your opinions more valid?

I say yes. Some say no. What are your thoughts?
calvinj
Of course auditioning    great high end systems  is part of the research, but your enjoyment of the music should be the final arbiter.    Spend your time and money  going to listen to live music in the best acoustical venues you can find.  FOr me I judge everything against the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago, Sullivan and Adlers acoustical masterpiece. Then take the money you have allocated to your system and get as close to replicating that sound in your listening room, as  you can.  Sometimes I think those of us in this hobby loose sight of why we have great stereos, it's the music not the $$ spent on the system.  It's what sounds great to you not to someone else. Take your entire environment into consideration, including room acoustics, your significant others taste, system synergy etc.  Most good manufacturers and shops will let you audition in your home, that is where you will know what the system will sound like.   Sure it will take time to get where you want but isn't the journey worth it.
My opinion has mostly been stated above but for what it's worth: In general hearing more systems provides more data points to assess what you like / dislike and want / don't want based on your listening preferences. Hearing higher end systems exposes you to data points often with higher audio quality which should open your scope of possibility to what you want and what to potentially achieve. In my  experiences with high end systems (>500K) I often walked away with particular areas that I aspired to achieve (ultimate clarity, dynamics, etc.) but very few systems checked all the boxes in terms of an ultimate system. My experience tells me this is more about room treatment / placement or lack thereof.
I live near a couple of high end shops and have hung out to listen to several mega expensive systems over the years and always enjoy that. I also enjoy the fact that I can assemble a system every bit as enjoyable in my home, using well sorted and generally far less expensive gear that's been fussed over and made to fit my tastes. That simply comes from experience...does my system sound better than the mega gear at the "salon?" Yes it does, and that is likely due to the fact that one learns things along the way (if one cares to)...well done power supplies, noise suppressing AC gizmos, better sounding tubes, deciding a certain cable fits into the rig without making itself known...my reference is musical instruments all over my house, decades of live music as a professional musician who also mixes live shows, and understanding how to impose my personal taste on my gear. That's it...it's not a pushup contest, I don't require validation from others, I simply make it sound right or change something. A self indulgent personal fun zone just for me.
Well the only reason I asked about what you have is to get an idea of your own reference point.  What have you settled on etc.  you offer your opinions up so much I’m just trying to figure out what you are running. It has nothing to do with costs etc.  I don’t have a lot of huge names in my system but it’s a little pricey and niche. Geokaffit is your system tube, solid state or vintage. It’s not a push-up contest by any means. In terms of best in Audio. Yes it’s very subjective. I used it in terms of what a lot of people consider reference quality gear. I mean I want to hear the best gear I can despite price point. Anyway if something is priced too high I hear a lot of bashing about it’s not worth it etc. To each his own. I’m happy where I’m at and getting what I like out of my system 

The answer to your original question is 'No'... or more to the point, it only makes a difference to you.

If you're trying to win an argument, no, your experience means nothing... unless you've been listening with the other person's ears.

If, OTOH, you are trying to evaluate systems & gear... it can be VERY helpful to have heard - not only the best - but a wide range of systems & components, multiple times if possible.

HOWEVER, I'd say the most important asset in evaluating audio is a lot of experience hearing live music in (many) real acoustic spaces.  If you have a good sense-memory of what voices & instruments sound like, it becomes much easier to recognize how closely an audio system is reproducing that.  At least it works for me.

I hope that helps.

Happy Listening!