Does Hannah Reid of London Grammar have the most captivating voice today?

I have recently discovered the group London Grammar and can't believe that I have not heard of them prior. The trio features Hannah Reid whom I feel has one of the most engaging and beautiful voices currently performing today. The music behind her is really well suited but it is clear, she is the reason for the groups popularity in England. "Hey now", "Flicker"  and "Interlude" among others are spellbinding.  Am I one of the few who appreciates this fine group or are there others among the Audiogon group?
996cupracer

Showing 2 responses by 996cupracer

Checked out a few of Beth Orton's and Cigarettes After Sex tracks. I enjoyed them both very much. They did not, IMO, display the same range, distinctiveness and emotion as Hanna. Thanks for the tip as it is always fun to discover and explore new artist of this similar style. Both will get streamed from Tidal often on my system.
Cheers and thanks to all.

Roxy, I did check out some of the you tube videos and I have to say, I agree with your assessment of the videos. The you tube quality and general lack of live recording quality and no doubt studio embellishment that is missing fails to convey the  captivating qualities that the studio recorded music has. If my only exposure to their music was through you tube, I doubt I would have started a post here. Still, I really enjoy their first cd a bit more than their second effort.