Does Dynaudio match Mcintosh MC275?

Does Dynaudio match Mcintosh MC275 or other tube amps?
I am interested in purchasing a Dynaudio Focus 110/140 or Contour 1.3 Mkii. I wonder if MC275 matches them.
hl10027

Showing 2 responses by egoben

I have heard my Dynaudio Focus 160 speakers with three different tube amps, individually quite different ones. Tubes and Dynaudio is very special, as the gloroius softness and mids of the speakers can be really wonderful. First, a Jadis Orchestra 2x40 watt amp. Weak bass but everything is so good its hard to believe. Really. Audio Research 2x115 watt is like a more detailed SS amp. The size of the amp is the weakness, its big and ugly, otherwise extremely stable and great but not as magical and close in the mids as the Jadis. McIntosh 2x75 watt, that I own, is extremely good with voices and horns and guitars and many other things. Not for techno lovers, but for most other music styles it is great. Not as controlled inte bass as a 100+ watt amp can be, that's important to know! Good luck!
Both Dynaudio 140 and 160 are for its size playing very big, the music is everywhere, and very deep. Compared to cheaper Monitor Audios for instance, they might not be as detailed in the highs, but I am pretty sure that has more to do with Monitor Audio being on the brighter side. I have also compared the Dynaudios with Proac D28, twice as expensive, its a tighter in the bass, its obvoiusly an easier load for the amp, but for my taste, the richness in bass of the Dynaudios suites my music taste a little better (rock, blues, country, indie etc). System Audio Mantra 60 is like a big Dynaudio and quicker in the bass. Hope it helps! Beware that Dynaudio require quite a bit of power, preferably at least 100 watts, but 75 is all right too but you won't get out everything they have. (Pure class A tube might do well with less watts, I don't know.)