Does Anyone Make Stands for Quad 988's?

I'd like to get the Quads off the floor and up to listening level. Any suggestions?
peter_s

Showing 1 response by kjl

I have recently purchased stands from Robert of Star Sound
Technology makers of the Sistrum rack which I use for my system consisting of THor Tpa-150, Thor TA-2000 preamp, Thor Dac, with Cary 306/200 transport and a Richard Gray power conditioner. Speakers a pair of Quad 988's with a Audio Physics Minosw Subwoofer. My room has 12 foot ceilings and is 20 & 20. With the Quads on the floor I was losing much of the sound. Star Sound Technology suggested stands. In short, the stands, raise the Quads 29" off the floor and now the sound hits me at ear level.I now hear the mid bass of the Quads (no low bass) as well as the
midrantge. The listening experience is substantially better with the stands. Star Sound suggested to me that the meat and potatoes of the Quad sound is located in the lower 1/3 of the speaker. By placing that lower 1/3 at ear level I would hear more and be able to appreciate the merits of the speaker better. He was right and the change has made the Quads more enjoyable for me.