Does anyone have any experience with a Sutherland Little Loco?

Does anyone have any experience with a Sutherland Little Loco? Or any info on it. 
deanshias

I wish there were a list of recommended cartridges for these types of stages, I'd start experimenting

Quoting myself, there's a long and short version of my findings.

I ended up with a Soundsmith Sussurro cartridge, but the Low Z (Low impedance) version. I would suggest if you were to buy one make sure Peter Lederman knows it's for a transimpedance stage.

The long version is that I contacted Peter and he contacted Ron Sutherland and compared notes. Peter built a low impedance version of the Sussurro and sent to me. I didn't like it, thought it was rolled off up top a bit. Peter offered to refund my money but I told him I would prefer he try to resolve and asked him if he would be willing to put in the time to do that. He agreed and I ended up sending the cartridge and the Little Loco to him to work with. The results are as you would expect if one of the most knowledgeable and talented guys in the cartridge/phono industry had your gear on his bench...an excellent match, I'm loving what I am hearing. 

My comparison is the Audiotechnica ART-9 which sounds pretty darn good but not nearly as good as the Low Z Sussurro, and my digital: Innuos Zen MKIII and Bricasti M1 SE MDX (who names these things?!) DAC. 

I actually picked the cartridge and Little Loco up at his shop because I was in the area visiting family. Peter took me on a tour, we listened to music, talked about dogs...he's a great guy, I'm really thankful for the entire experience (and for sure I'm glad he was willing to take the time to make the cartridge sound so good).

I've had the Little Loco for about a year now. It replaced a Parasound JC-3. The cart is the new Benz Micro Wood SL and the difference with the LL is not subtle. First, the soundstage is much more delineated and solid. Some records I have that exhibited some slight sibilance are now clean. The LL loads the cart completely different and it shows in the tracing prowess. It can sound a bit dark at times but inner detail is still very clear and the most interesting thing I heard was if I hadn't played any records for a few days/week, one can clearly hear the suspension loosen up and settle in as the first record is being tracked. 

My only regret in buying the LL is that I didn't swing the scratch for the Phono Loco. Can only imagine how much better it is as the LL is a giant slayer. 

Sebrof, do you have any idea what PL did to either the LL or the Sussuro to make them compatible? Because the Sussuro manual warns against mating it with most current drive phono stages.

Hello Lewm, I don't know what he did exactly. He did nothing to the LL, but made the Sussurro low impedance somehow. My understanding is that the canti, stylus, suspension, and body are all the same, not sure about the wire/coils/generator, etc.