Does a ripped cd onto a digital format sound better than the cd played on the cdp

the title says it all. if i rip my collection onto a sever will it increase SQ? dumb question i am sure but here i am. if the digital system is above average will it make the sound better?
128x128veroman
Post removed 
Jitter can be added two ways - either during transmission of digital signal that can influence D/A clock or by inducing electrical noise, that produces time jitter (point in time of signal crossing threshold changes when signal has added noise). In case of Ethernet, USB etc - your DAC gets bit perfect signal and your DAC clock is independent, but cable injects induced electrical noise, that in effect produces jitter. Specification of Ethernet, for instance, calls for isolation of data, but when it is typically done with transformers it will still conduct highest frequency electrical noise thru transformer’s capacitance. I’m sure there are separating devices for that.

Jitter makes it’s way into things everywhere it can. Even the DAC receiver and buffering add jitter. Cables don’t produce noise, but ground-loops do and dielectric absorption in the cable can distort the waveform causing ISI (inter-symbol-interference). Reflection on the cable can cause a LOT of jitter, but this can easily be minimized by using at least a 1.5m long cable.

Ethernet signal integrity issues can easily be minimized using isolators and high-bandwidth cables of the optimum lengths.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

Without question if you have a good dac and good digital cable 
for sure itis cleaner . I use solid state drives what aredead quiet no moving parts , with a CD youhave aspinning disc that  the cdreader  has to buffer to read,reread for errors and makes a educated guess on some bits. Cd players can sound very good .
but a dedicated hard drive ,solid state with ripped files done correctly  for sure is better in every way dB Poweramp is a verygoodripping source
 @audioengr Steve do you have a similar excellent but also affordable optical cable ?