Do you say Thank You?

I'd like to know the experience of Audiogoners who have emailed members privately for information or advice. If you receive a careful and considered reply to your question, do you acknowledge the reply with a thank you? I try to do so. It's proper etiquette, isn't it?

My experience is that more than half do not.

Why do you suppose that is?
128x128tvad

Showing 2 responses by mt10425

I respond as quickly as I can and with as complete an answer as I can muster. I really don't spend any additional time wondering if the info was useful or not or if I'm going to receive a thank you.
There's been a few more responses since I piped in yesterday. First, I'm with all who are annoyed at the folks who don't include even a first name (or puncuation for that matter). Second, the only people who really spark a hair on my neck to start on fire ( for lack of courtesy) are those who refuse to even acknowledge my presence when I hold open a door. I hold doors consistently for others (looking to see if anyone is behind me is standard in exiting a building), often waiting a minute or so for elderly. A nod or quick thanks happen about 75% but some people just act "entitled" to my act and ignore me completly.