Do you, or did you, have Audiophile buddies that you shared music, gear, times with?

In my lifetime, from the military, to business, to racing, vacations and more, sharing all with a close friend was part of the magic of those times.
Have you had someone close to you that made or makes your audiophile experience(s) even better?  My primary audiophile friend has passed, but I enjoyed so many great musical times with him.  From Magnepans, to Martin Logan,  Dahlquist, Conrad Johnson, ARC and so many more....a major part of the joy, learning and more was the friend that I shared nearly all of it with.  The fact that we both liked sports cars, Bordeaux and modern architecture/furniture was also great, but the music/audio connection was, likely,  the best.  I think the holidays make me think of friends and family experiences and music has been much a part of those times. 

Have a good and safe holiday season. 

whatjd

Showing 1 response by tomic601

What a nice thread :-) mutual interests with a bunch of good friends is a fascinating Venn diagram. Bird dogs, music, guitars, shot guns, hunting, fishing ( and the many derivatives: Rod building, fly tying, aluminum boat building, tubes, fine red wine, long range elk guns in exotic calibers, cars ( not to be confused w race cars ), race cars, antique furniture, mid century ( eck!!!! ), bikes, FOOD, smoking meat, building and flying airplanes, hot rods, remote location recording, screenwriting and actually making movies, ....getting tired....
ya man deep and true friendships- Lord am I blessed....
thank you for reminding me !!!