Do YOU have a flat frequency response in your room?

The most basic truth of audio for the last 30 years is listeners prefer a flat frequency response. You achieve that through getting the right speakers, in the right position, in the right room, and then use room treatments and DSP to dial it in. If you are posting questions about what gear to buy and have NOT measured your room and dialed it in to achieve a flat frequency response FIRST you are blowing cash not investing cash IMO. Have you measured the frequency response in your room yet and posted it?

kota1

two better questions are;

is a flat frequency response in your room desired? if not, what type of FR curve is preferred?

and if you are going down this road, what is the frequency response at your listening position? are there any big humps or dips....at that seating position?

i’m not one who really cares that much about the measurement. i want subjectively a smooth extended high end, transparent mids, and lively bass. with an ultimate cohesive and balanced sound.

but i did have my speaker designer set up my twin tower speakers in my room at one point, it was fairly flat except for a 30hz suckout due to a whole ceiling bass trap. later i sealed the bass trap and had to redo my bass tower adjustments to remove his previous compensation for that suckout.

my speakers on paper have a -3db extension to 7hz and a -6db extension to 3hz. so some serious bass capability.

subjectively i’m very happy with my bass performance. visitors to my room seem to like my bass and it is very cohesive and lively. with plenty of extension. but the bass does not call attention to itself or distract from the music.

kota1

The most basic truth of audio for the last 30 years is listeners prefer a flat frequency response.

Opinion stated as fact.