Do you ever do this before you listen?

Hello everyone. I was at an audio store today with a friend that was auditioning a pair of speakers and the salesman told us to clear our ears by pinching the nose then blowing through your nose to make the ears pop (clearing them). I have to admit the music sounded  so much better lol. It makes perfect sense why you would want to do this, but I had just never thought of it. So I thought I would see who else is doing this, and maybe discover some other new tricks. SO what strange things do you do routinely before a listing session? (I know thats a loaded question to ask of this group)
barnettk
Valsalva.......learned a new word today.  And that's always a good thing!  Thanks!
I know exactly what it's called. For it to be suggested as something to do before listening to music is nuts if you don't know how careful you have to be to do it. You're better off holding your nose closed and swallowing (frenzel). I don't care what eh air force taught you. To do it without proper instruction from a doctor is careless. 

Thank you for your service. 
@pjcoughter 

Thank you for your service Sir. 

I think we have all cleared our ears at one time or another, and if you have ever done it you already know how to be careful doing so. This goes without saying. Not sure why now that it’s suggested doing it before listening to music will all of a sudden cause you harm.  However it does make sense to take care when doing it.