Do speakers take time to warm up?

For example, if my stereo is on and has been on for weeks, and then I connect speakers that have been sitting idle for a few weeks, do the speakers sound better after an hour of being played?  Whats going on?  Is it the caps in the crossover, the drivers, the ferrofluid in the tweeters?  All of the above?
128x128b_limo
Post removed 
b_limo, the experience that is "totally different" IS totally different, because it's not simply listening to the same speaker again, or longer. It's an entirely different set of drivers, cabinet, etc. It WILL sound fundamentally different, and it takes time to get used to it as opposed to sitting down in front of the familiar speakers. It's quite simple. Is that speaker going to change it's performance over the first few minutes, hours, etc. you are hearing it? Obviously I disagree with some others here on that point. 
@douglas_schroeder , I agree that mental state plays a huge role.  Your mood, your sleep, your physical activities that day, all play a big role in sound.  I iusg have never thought about the listner adjusting to speakers; interesting theory.  You change speakers as much as I do only yours are much more expensive.  I value your opinion because you have quite a bit of experience regarding this... 
Pure baloney. Now if you substitute the word “subconscious” for “mental state“ gentle readers, I’m on board that train. 🚂 That’s what controls your sensory perception of sound. But you’re just not aware of it. Why? Because it’s subconscious! Hel-loo! 🤗 Please, no angry PMs. 

@douglas_schroeder --

Now, anyone who disagrees, how about you show me/us the measurements that demonstrate the purported audible change that occurs when speakers "warm up"? Surely this has been proven time and again, right? We should have hundreds of sets of such measurements, right? This should be well documented, right? I suspect not, because it would have been very easy for you to provide such contrasting measurements were they available.

"Were they available" being the prerogative phrase here. Your claim rests on the premise believing sonic variations during warm-up (less than, and somewhat distinctive from break-in) should be measurable in the first place, something at least I largely disagree with. From my chair you’re hiding behind this unwavering position seeing it rarely if ever being met, but not necessarily for the reason you’d think; what is or is not proven or quantifiable as facts are both a condition of perceiving sound, and in this case hard evidence where called for is likely absent simply because what needs to be measured isn’t identified.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe there are lots of sets of measurements out there proving that speakers change sound significantly during break in and warm up. Show them to me.

Ibid.