Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
Those are not outlandish claims. Well, maybe to an inept person, but even then. Is that all you got? 😬

They may not be outlandish. They may be just right in Neverland or any other fantasy land. For normal living people, they are a sad joke. Relax your room, you will feel better. So will your cable. Nervous rooms and traumatized cables are a big problem in Hi-Fi.

It is not all I got. I use your references so you can easily find it yourself, too.

I am a bit disappointed that the non-believers just absolutely refuse to acknowledge science or other people testimonies.  That is in itself a dogma.

On these 18 pages, and between both camps, you could not collect 100 sentences that would qualify as somewhat scientific. Most of the "scientific" attempts are good for shrugging shoulders and not much else. There are lots of testimonies, but they are on both sides. Nobody wins.

I follow this thread because I do not have an opinion if burn-in exists or not. However, some of the claims and theories presented are not making a strong case for it. For now, the opponents are a bit more eloquent in refuting it theoretically.

For now, the opponents are a bit more eloquent in refuting it theoretically.

Eloquent is the enemy of truth.  That's why communism and marxism sound really good.