Do powercords make a difference in sound?

Do they make a difference by upgrading stock power cords in amps, ect versus aftermarket power cords? If so, can anyone advise a good bang for the buck upgrade?
chad329

Showing 2 responses by chad329

I asked this question because my system sounded like their was a blanket over it and I just couldn't figure it out. I had narrowed it down to my IC's or maybe I needed to swap power cords or something (although I have always used stock). Changed my IC's and it DID make a difference in overall sound. Not night and day, but their certainly was a difference and now the sound isn't muffled.

I've never put much thought into the power cord dilemma, but this muffled sound had me down to two possible problems. I never believed too much into IC's either, but I was proved wrong. That got me thinking, maybe there is something to all of this????
Ok, I see that the can of worms has settled a bit. From my gathering and speaking to a local hi fi shop here, the consensus is that power cords can make a difference depending on the system and cord being used. I'll leave it at that and will try one in the near future to gauge for myself.

Thank you for those that chimed in with their personal experience. I will post feedback once I get to experiment on my own.