Do I need a specific type of 4 gauge wire for my monoblock amp?

I purchased a JBL BP1200.1 monoblock amplifier, for the subwoofers in my Cobalt. It did not come with any wiring. There are 3, 40amp fuses on the amplifier. I think that means that the power cable that I hook up to it, needs to have a fuse that is at least 120 amps. I ordered an amp wiring kit online, and it comes with an in-line 80 amp fuse. 

My question is, can I buy and ANL fuse holder to replace the in-line fuse holder on the power cable? And do I use a 120 amp ANL fuse, or a 150 amp ANL fuse?
thirdeyethirdear

Showing 3 responses by colin44ct357

Dont forget to mig weld a bolt to the chassis as close to the amp as possible and use "heavy" cable for the ground.I have seen many dodgy installations where the installers use a self tapper.When it does come loose the next ground is your front loader...which will be toast!I run 400+400wrms in both of my cars, at 130 x 2 it is mind blowing as i use hi fi 10's and fane compression'sThe frontloader runs the original car speakers..phoenix gold 6.5 x 4.PS dont forget to use a HQ battery in the mobile..I swear by Varta from germany, they can handle it and last up to 10 years.You may been to up your alternator unless you have a high current bosch.
Oh yes..and a nice big 1-2mf cap with a digital display to monitor the drop if any. Helps the alternator and battery for the low peaks.
Voltage drops = clipping+distortion = heat and bang!Good luck..blow your mind..that power in a car is insane..people often ask what i am running, one word...HI-FI.

PS I HATE SUBS...DOOF DOOF DOES NIL FOR ME.2 X 120-150W SMOOTH CONE HI FI 10'S WITH 2 X FANE COMPRESSION'S WILL CHANGE YOUR VIEW OF SUBS.
ITS "MIND BLOWING" AT 30% VOLUME.A SMALL SUB IS OK AS AN ADD ON, SAY 100WRMS.