Do have anyone to purchase Audio Research REF 75SE in 2021?

Ref 75se has go off from their official website,and they are replaced by REF 80S. As  I do not have any  experience of 80S and I get some knowledge of pass labs online and how good it is,then  go listening  x250 and xp10. The listening  feeling I got is just water,pure water and lack of texture of the sound. so I go back Audio research and buy ref 75se instead. 
Am I made the right choice?
Is that the good time to buy this discontinued products?
Why in my listening, Audio research Ref 75se is much much better then X250? As I feel the singer is just standing  in front of me when we run Ref 75se.
I welcome any comments. As I think pass lab is a good SS Amp if we do not compared with Audio reserach Ref 75se.
Is it unfair to compare tube and SS Amp?

runwell

@swede58 Ss pre plus SS  power are good setup,as pass lab is  actually a good amplifier. What I mentioned is that  we should not coupled tube pre with SS power.

Happy listening.

By the way SS pre plus tube power is also a good setup.

I can not tell you the internal theory,but it is the  fact.

And a lot of people waste the money on it.

I'm presently using a Pass .8 series stereo power amp as an "amp stand" for my ARC GS-150 which I LOVE.  Been through alot of equipment over the years but the GS-150 is a match in heaven with my Magnepan 20.7s.  May eventually upgrade to the ghost meter series amps but I'm enjoying this amp tremendously.  Superb.  Preamps are still Aesthetix outfitted with NOS tubes; phono stage is a Manley chinook.

@pwhinson  good setup for you. As long as you are enjoying the listening,you need not upgrade to something else. Audio research the company will not stop their pace,so we are looking to get more refined amplifiers in the coming days.In fact, the  step and step followers did  pay much more they should, although their direction is right.

@pwhinson 

interesting. Which Pass .8 amp are you

using as an ampstand and how would

you describe the difference between 

the two amps?