Do have anyone to purchase Audio Research REF 75SE in 2021?

Ref 75se has go off from their official website,and they are replaced by REF 80S. As  I do not have any  experience of 80S and I get some knowledge of pass labs online and how good it is,then  go listening  x250 and xp10. The listening  feeling I got is just water,pure water and lack of texture of the sound. so I go back Audio research and buy ref 75se instead. 
Am I made the right choice?
Is that the good time to buy this discontinued products?
Why in my listening, Audio research Ref 75se is much much better then X250? As I feel the singer is just standing  in front of me when we run Ref 75se.
I welcome any comments. As I think pass lab is a good SS Amp if we do not compared with Audio reserach Ref 75se.
Is it unfair to compare tube and SS Amp?

runwell

Showing 2 responses by jjss49

nelson pass' amps can sound rather different from each other, based on version, power level, and topology... can’t lump them all together in my experience - different models give you something but you give up other things

arc ref 75 is definitely a special amp... se running kt150’s are an improvement in some applications, not others, as tube amps and their interface with specific speakers matters much in how the pairing sounds at end of day - once again, depending on the system and taste of the listener, the right pass amp can please as well or better than a ref 75 -- what we are dealing with here are absolutely top notch examples of products of their specific type

(i have both pass xa25/fw f5t as well as ref 75)

maggies need a lovely, pure sounding amp feed, and a lot current, to deliver the sound they are capable of

pass amps deliver both, as do hegels (among other top ss amps)