DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
I think it’s what you personally look for and enjoy. I like to hear the decay of the cymbals, great drum work, piano playing and like very complex jazz material some wires will give you more of what you personally look for. I think this more the case when you have digital front ends. That’s why to me the digital and the analog systems are different to me. Digital has its own set of challenges. 
"A rich man has about as much chance of entering audio Nirvana as a camel has of passing through the eye of a needle."
That must be a really big needle.

Why is being rich/able-to-afford  so frequently mentioned as a negative trait on this forum?
Listen to the howling mob of blockheads in the street,  a trick or two with listening tests, and the whole crowd's on its feet.  I'm with Doug Schroeder on this one--if it is not a significant change for the better, than it is most likely a waste of money.  If you have heard a whole new level of sound when switching to a different IC, PC, of SC, which I have SOMETIMES, don't tell me cables don't matter!  VERY SMALL changes in sound aren't worth the trouble and often the cost it takes to buy the new one and sell the other.  The changes that are a new paradigm to you are just awesome, especially when you can do so for a small money difference.
@glupson. It’s is something that I see not just on this forum but others as well. The ability or choice to spend more seems to be looked down own. I didn’t make my buying decisions lightly.  I did a lot of research and demoing before I purchased each piece. I paid a little more than most would consider.  But I love my sound. @dorkwad I actually use the same reference Cable as Doug Schroeder in parts of my system. Clarity Cable.  They half great treble extension, open midrange and soundstage, a little bump in the lower minds and the bass. Nice sound.  
Very cool, Calvinj.  I finally found the components I truly love the sound of.  The last thing I did was move the sound a little more organic with the choice of cables.  The Schroeder method of shotgunning the same cables so you have 2 sets of cables going to one component, made a great difference in the sound towards more realism.