DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
In a modern recording, I’m wondering how much of the signal passed from the mic to the engineer over whatever cables at the studio is left by the time it passes through the computer they’re processing/mixing on. I assume almost all of the sound staging for most of our recordings is entirely fake. I’d bet every instrument is processed and equalized and run through DSP filters. I’d say it’s much more likely that we’re buying cables to better hear the recording, and that recording is loosely connected to the signal at the mic.

I’m off to UPS now to pick up my Cable Company library order. I’m really interested in knowing what my first impressions are, hypnosis or not. I do agree with the statement above that if I have to really strain to hear a difference, then it’s not worth my money to upgrade.
Whoa! What? Hey, that’s a lot of assumptions. Why assume anything?
Post removed 
To paraphrase an old Sam Kinison line:
If you see me doing that, just shoot me.