DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
similior se fecit

The ironic thing is thinking you're going to fit in here.
This reminds me of the conversation in Latin between Doc Holiday and Johnny Ringo at the Oriental, but here one participant could be Ike Clanton with 25 posts. maritime, can you do twirling tricks with your pistol, too? My money is on Doc btw.

Dave
Dlcockrum. Lol. You are so right. Round and around wit the Marvin the martian space language 
I gotta step in here (do I dare??).  It just occurred to me that Mapleshade swears by thin wire with minimal  insulation.  They are supposed to know a lot about why this is so good for the sound.  Walker audio also uses skinny wires with little or no covering for their turntable.  Then there are ribbon style cables, with the majority being round thick conductors with lots of insulation.  And it's quite true that in a recording studio reliable sturdy wire with durable connectors are used 'cause they get stepped on and wound up and tangled and thrown into a corner to gather dust until the next time they're needed.  My conclusion to all of this is- if you have usable cable that's obviously well made, it should be a long time before you need to spend significant money on something "better" unless you really can get to audition it first. Some of us (I include myself who owns Transparent cables) take it on faith that I will obtain better performance from audiophile-grade wire, and I do NOT claim that I have gotten my money's worth from doing this. But I do get, after 30 years of upgrading speakers and things like that, somewhat better results than if I still used my Radio Shack "professional-grade" wires.  But I profess that it's a hobby, I enjoy it like the village idiot that I am, and I like good stuff like Beethoven and Brubeck and Steely Dan. Could I go back tomorrow (if I had to) and listen to my Dad's Blaupunkt "hi-fi" radio?  -Absolutely. Of course, back then they had concerts on FM stations and I loved listening to them. Who's to say if I had less fun then than I do now if I can't?