Do Audiophile Cables Matter? Here's PROOF!

I seriously doubt that this will make any difference to the naysayers. But here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC0s6KqQz3g
128x128artemus_5
Thanks for posting this. I’ve been a naysayer a long time but decided to watch this since he claims to prove his point. But this guy’s argument is different than the usual cable claims (zingier highs! transparent midrange! tighter bass! etc).  He’s about reducing the noise floor of the overall system. IMO he makes an interesting case for this with his demonstration.  He doesn’t really make any qualitative sound claims past this; in fact, he points out that the resistance diff between zip wire and his go-to cable is negligible. Interesting post.  Got me thinking...
Dogma, we will keep praying for you and your cables, so that you may continue on your journey of enlightenment
@zgas-music.       I'm glad
It's good to see someone else who realises they don't know it all. Many here haven't grown up yet. I knew it all too when I was eighteen.
He’s about reducing the noise floor of the overall system. IMO he makes an interesting case for this with his demonstration.
This video is deceptive. He's showing us something A. G. Bell knew over 100 years ago. You twist wire and it helps reduce unwanted noise. It's why wire has been twisted in phone lines forever. Take the zip cord twist it like the other cables and like magic your radio antenna is no more.  18 year olds might not know this but old guys like me do. 
For years I have followed various forums discussing this topic. I recently upgraded my cables spending way more than I ever thought I would and I don’t know if it was money well spent but it made an enjoyable difference. Interestingly, on a CD I listen to frequently, there is one single piano note that has always been kind of jarring to my ears. It went away with the new cables. The volume stayed the same but the part that annoyed me was gone. In that particular instance I am 100% convinced I could tell the difference in any blind test between my old cable and the new one.

The other thought I have had on this subject is that some people just notice nuance and subtlety more. Or, it is more important to their listening experience. This occurred to me after playing music (drums) with a particular bass player. He would listen to a part on a recording and when he played it, I noticed it wasn’t quite the same. I don’t play bass so I can’t tell you what was different. The important thing is HE couldn’t notice the difference and insisted he was playing exactly like the recording. After that I realized that was a constant differentiator with other musicians I played with. The good players had a nuance and dynamic subtlety to their playing that others didn’t. At first I thought that was just because they had better technic and practiced more. And that was partly true. But the reason they had better technic and practiced more was because they could hear the subtly and nuance in other excellent musicians and wanted to achieve that. Those like my bass player friend, never noticed that nuance and never tried to achieve it. I could be way off base but I have an unscientifically proven feeling that it’s not so much what audiophiles hear as what they notice. Just like two people can walk into a room and notice or not notice very different things. So, I also think it is quite possible that whatever is being tested by the experts is missing something - maybe because these testers don’t notice what others may hear so have no understanding what to test for.

Again - these are my very unscientific thoughts on the subject. I clearly hear the difference in cables just like I can hear a difference in the same tube manufactured by a different company. Some I find musical, others I don’t. How does an engineer measure ’musical’ in this context?