DNA 500, MC 501s or JC-1$3-$5k on an ex-demo amp

Hello, starting to budget and save for the next upgrade to my system. I have a large listening room with sloping high ceiling, and my current system consists of :

source: Esoteric DV-50s
integrated amp: Perreaux Radiance 200i[200/350 wPC @8/4ohm]
Spesakers: Paradigm Reference 100 v3
Accessories: PS Audio 1000,& statement plus/xstream PC's
Audioquest Cheetah I/Cs,
AQ Pike's Peak/Mont Blanc DBW to speakers,

(No intention of owning phono equipment)

The next upgrade is to a 350-600 WPC @ 8ohm amp - I like to listen loud ! (and I have the space to do it !) and purely based on reviews and budget, my curent shortlist is
the Parasound JC-1,
McCormack DNA 500 [ex demo ~ $4300]
and McIntosh 501 or 602 [ex demo etc]

My primary or overriding interest is 2 channel CD/SACD/DVD-A music; Most of my music is Jazz/Classical, plus a smattering of top 40.

It's tempting to look at an Anthem Statement multichannel amp, but my pre-notion is that for a similar $$ outlay I'll get a far better performing 2-channel amp.

I'll fill out the remaining the 3.1 channels with perhaps an Anthem MC-30 or similar at a later date. Or perhaps I'll keep my Perreaux Radiance [see below]

In terms of pre-amp, I'm very reluctant to sell my Radiance 200i - it really is superb - but may sell it to contribute funds towards my new amp and perhaps replace it with a Marsh 2000 balanced, or might be tempted to look at good 2nd hand Audio Research etc.

Would appreciate and welcome recommendations/comments on my amp shortlist, including additions to the list. I have to be pretty rigid on my $3000- $4500 budget. If I go dual mono I don't mind the extra outlay for I/C and PC.

Audioadvisor regularlly sell b-stock JC-1s for about $4k/pair incl shipping and full warranty - I live 10 minutes from Parasound's HQ, and a USA tech-checked 'B-stock' I expect is actually a safer [and better resale/ less loss] bet than an 'a-stock !'

Because dealers won't let me home audition any of the above [except Audioadvisor] I'm inclined to start with the JC-1s..

Thanking you for your learned advice !
jsbsanfran

Showing 1 response by daltonlanny

I own the older Paradigm Reference Studio 100 version 2's, and they match up EXTREMELY WELL with my Parasound Halo JC-1 monoblocks.