DLP projectors vs. Pio. Elite HD710

Any opinions? I just saw the new Runco Vx-1c DLP chip front projector ($18,000 list)and was amazed at its film-like quality on DVD, and blown away by the HDTV demo (from Direct TV ch.199); and it was bright! no visible pixels. On the other hand, the HD710 is oustanding too. Both have great line doublers, although the runco has a scaler and more flexibilty with aspect ratios. Screen size is obviously a difference. I will be seated about 15' from a wall screen, and about 12' from the pioneer RPTV. Ignoring price for the moment, although....the RPTV weighs 300 lbs. and costs $7500 (only $25 a pound) while the Runco weighs only 17 lbs. ($1,000 a pound!!) seriously what are the pros and cons as far as picture quality, current and future flexibilty, etc.
rladd8a8d

Showing 1 response by krell1

I have had the HD710 for about 4 months now and you couldn't pry it away from me. It is a great bang for the buck even though I paid almost $7500 (delivered). I built a two tier viewing theater in my lower level and unless you can spend maybe three times the cost to get front projection right, you wouldn't be sorry with the HD710. I was also going to wait for a year or so, but when I saw HDTV and DVD on the 710 I couldn't have expected more. My ISF calibrator also stated it will be maybe two more years from now for Pioneer to possibly better it.