DK Design MKII to Bel Canto M300 upgrade?

Hi All, first time posting here, been reading for years, but really need your advice now ;)

I'm currently running a pair of Sonus Faber Grand Pianos (first version) off a DK Design MKII with an Opera Consonance Ref. 2.2 cd player. The last upgrade I made was putting a Chord Company reference interlink and speaker cable in between, which has improved the clarity by a bunch. (More than I thought it would to be honest...)

Since I'm streaming a lot more lately using a Schiit Bifrost from my MacMini I don't use the cd player loads lately.

That made me want to upgrade to a better dac and maybe the amp too.

I already really like the sound I have now, but I would love a bit less bass heavy sound and a bit more control in the mid/upper regions.

I was looking around, but now just got an offer viavia for a set of Bel Canto M300 power amps and a Bel Canto DAC 3 for $1250. (I could then sell my DK Design MKII and Schiit Bifrost and still have some change left)

From what I know about Bel Canto and the ICE amps, that is more the type of amp I should be looking for.

The problem is, I can't listen to the set before I order it.
And I would need to sell my DK Design MKII to be able to finance it.

Any tips? I read that someone really didn't like the M300 on this forum, on that other hand it has some really good reviews.

And another thing, is this going to be a good upgrade anyway? Or do you have any other suggestions? Maybe Bel Canto is a bit too analytical for Sonus Fabers?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

Please not that I'm based in Europe, so pricing may differ based on region.
bbuijsman

Showing 1 response by bbuijsman

Thanks for the advice, since I can't hear the amps before I buy them I'm think it's too big of a risk.

Another offer I got from a friend was his ASR Emitter 1+.
As I understand if I want more clarity and a better mid/high that should be a good match.

But again.... He's based +- 400kms from where I live, so a quick test is out of the question. But if the match might be good I don't mind the drive :)

I know these are very specific questions, but any tips are welcome!