DIY Speaker Kits - Suggestions.

1. Anyone have a suggestion, or more importantly, first-hand experience, for/with high-end DIY Speaker Kits that use high-quality drivers in a floor-standing speaker? Fully-assembled kits?
I'm thinking of Scan-Speak, Seas, Eton, Raven, (other drivers?)-- especially if the kits employ a transmission line bass. (Seas/Thor?)

Hopefully, someone has either made a kit or bought one fully assembled that they believe can compete favorably with more commercially available products.

2. Suggestions for a high-end floor-standing speaker from small companies led by respected audio veterans - owners/designers?
My thought is this: although they may produce an excellent product, the company hasn't made a big splash in the audio industry due to lack of marketing and advertising - or for other legitimate reasons. They usually - but not always - sell direct to the consumer.

I can think of: Source Technologies, Carolina Audio, Reimer, Buggtussel. I'm sure there others that someone can recommend.

Any and all recommendations will be appreciated.
Thank You
sedona

Showing 1 response by lake513

I would look at www.northcreekmusic.com they have many kits lots of info and will also say Zalytron and madisound . I will be ordering the manifest kit from north creek music early this fall or late summer cant wait . I am looking for someone that has a north creek Manifest speaker or one of the other speaker kits to talk to about the speakers sound ect. . Marc