Distributed Subwoofers - Options

I know that Duke from Audiokinesis manufactures the Swarm.
I was recently told that there's another system available from a boutique guitar (Guitar?!) dealer somewhere in the Southwest, but I can't find anything more about it on the 'net.

I guess that you could also assemble your own, but I was wondering what's out there in the way of complete multi-sub systems. Anyone know of good options to learn about?

Thanks in advance.

Marty
martykl
Hi Marty,

My guess is you're referring to James Romeyn, a dealer for Thorell high-end guitars. Here's a link to the page for his DSA 1.0 subwoofer system:

James Romeyn's Distributed Subwoofer Array

This system has higher output and deeper extension than either version of the Swarm, and Jim has incorporated several significant refinements beyond what I'm doing.

Duke
Duke,

Thanks for the pointer.
I"ll check out the link, but...How's this for irony?

I commissioned an archtop from Ryan Thorell this past January and it's due to arrive in the fall. Kind of a small world, huh?

Marty

PS I want to learn more about the approach - anyone else out there barking up this tree?
Buco,

I was struk by that, too. I really like the JD Moffat(sic?) stuff - which I haven't heard before. The Thorell site usually plays Frank Vignola - which is understanble since he's probably the highest profile Thorell player out there. You might want to pop over to thorellguitars.com to check it out.

Marty