Discuss The Viv Lab Rigid Arm

I am trying to do my due diligence about this arm. I am just having a hard time getting my head around this idea of zero overhang and no offset. Does this arm really work the way it is reported to do?

neonknight

@dogberry +1

@cleeds +1

@mijostyn no buyer's remorse here. The above 2 contributors in their latest posts have hit the nail on the head. When you said the listening with your ears thing as picked up on by dogberry, I read it with incredulity. The only thing most fortunate people have to listen with is their ears, so I'll stick with that and just let the music play.

@cleeds, The problem cleeds, is that without direct AB evaluation and perhaps even some pointing out and even with a decent system, most people will not be able to discern the problem even though it is easily measurable. In other words, They think it sounds good when in actuality it does not. All ears are not created equal. All systems are not created equal. What people think they hear is meaningless. You are absolutely right about the mount. Now throw in the geometry and the bearing. What you get is a tonearm disaster. 

@alan60 , Human ears make very poor measuring equipment and you do not know what you are missing. Ignorance is bliss.

@mijostyn ​​​​​​the point here is, it is not for you to judge or pass comment on what should sound good to one individual as compared to another, everyone has their own preferences and tastes and let us be thankful for individuality.

Furthermore if the human ear cannot hear it, then who gives a stuff what they are missing as they will never know, so I am very happy to remain blissfully ignorant.

You are trying to tell people what is right and wrong in the audio world, a road from which you will not deviate and nor should others, in accordance with your own ideals, 'The Handmaid Tale' of audio springs to mind.

In my audio world there is no right and wrong just what the individual prefers.

@mijostyn

Human ears make very poor measuring equipment and you do not know what you are missing. Ignorance is bliss.

Sadly, our ears are all we got. To go against our ’lying ears’ in the name of science shows lack of conviction in the ability to form and voice an opinion.

dave

Dear @alan60  : At least read and understand what I posted to you:

""

I know that you and other VIV owners are really happy and I’m not against you. .

Yes, our hobby is about MUSIC enjoyment but exist a quality gradation for that enjoyment .  "

You posted:

"" In my audio world there is no right and wrong just what the individual prefers. ""

Then, you have your quality gradation level. Nothing wrong with that, that's the quality level that you like it. Fine with you, no problem at all and follow enjoying that quality level because at the end it's you who must be satisfied.

R.