Disappointing On Mcintosh......help

3 Months ago  I went to NYC and stopped by the WOM  and auditioned several MCintosh gear...........and left a bit disappointed or not impressed...then I told myself   " lets give a second shot"  and went today to a  HIFI store and again Good room accoustics10K speakers , MC Preamp , MC Amplifier........ and again  the same disappointment I felt 3 month earlier.

Is that the "warm" sound people reffer to about Mcintosh?  
The sound is ample, base is powerfull  but the the sound is simply  not to clear, the hights are not too "crisp"  It sounds like the treble is set at 3 and needs to be adjusted at 9 or 10.
It seems like  the sound is  coming through a thin layer of paper ...that is the way I describe that sound.  

Then 20 minutes later I auditioned a Parasound A21+ and a JC5 and the sound was more clear and the highs were crispier

Whats your take on my experience?  or That is the MC "warm sound? 
128x128cydrone
I concur that those 50's/60's McIntosh lower power amps were phenomenal.

The MC30s drove my Legacy Focuses which have low impedances.  Stock, they are rather limited in bass and highs but the best mids ever. 

The 1990s SS McIntosh amps were unable to drive my former ML Monolith IIIs at all (neither could Levinsons).  Terrible mismatches.  However, those powerful SS McIntosh amps of today can easily and beautifully power Maggies of all sizes.  
Post removed 
The Mcintosh sound eluded me. Tried the vintage ones in my early years, including the legendary MA230, MC240, MC30, MC75, MC225 and MC275. Tried the recent models as well (can’t even remember that $6000 tube integrated’s model other than I lost $2k to get rid of it).

Just not my cup of tea.

However, the fact that I don’t like Spanish food does not mean Spanish food is inferior in any way. I just prefer something else.

So don’t feel bad if you don’t like it, and don’t let people make you feel inferior just because you are unable to find ways to appreciate it.

@dsimpson   I know .  Mcintoshs sounds  like a semi-dull sound that I just cant stand.

Post removed